What is the best quiet air purifier? Today, we look at the best silent air purifiers that you can buy in 2022.
Air purifiers reduce the concentration of pollutants such as dust, mold, viruses, pollen, and toxins in the home thus promoting air quality. The downside is that these devices produce noise while running.
Noise is a huge concern especially if the air purifier is placed in the bedroom, living room, or office. A loud air purifier can negatively impact the quality of sleep, cause noise disturbance in the home or lead to hearing impairment. Therefore, when choosing an air purifier you should go with a silent air purifier.
Although no air purifier is entirely silent, the aim is to find a model that makes the least noise. While purchasing an air purifier for your home, you have to look at the noise level of the device which is dependent on the fan’s speed. A quiet air purifier reduces noise pollution thus providing a quiet and peaceful sleeping or working environment while still maintaining impeccable air quality.
- Best Quiet Air Purifier – Comparison Chart
- Reviews of the Best Quiet Air Purifiers 2022
- 1. Blueair Classic 480i Air Purifier – best quiet air purifier
- 2. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
- 3. Dyson Pure Cool Purifying Fan DP04
- 4. Blueair Blue Pure 411 Auto Small Room Air Purifier – best silent air purifier for small rooms
- 5. LEVOIT Core 300S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
- 6. Coway Airmega AP-1512HH True HEPA Air Purifier
- 7. Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
- 8. Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier WP500
- Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Silent Air purifier / Best Quiet Air Purifier
Best Quiet Air Purifier – Comparison Chart
Below is a snapshot of the best silent air purifiers on the market today. This summary of the main features will help you quickly identify which one suits your home or office.
|Best Quiet Air Purifier||Coverage||Filtration system||Noise level|
|1. Blueair Classic 480i|
|434 sq. ft.||HEPASilent technology||32 to 62 dB|
|2. Rabbit Air MinusA2 (SPA-700A)||700 sq. ft.||BioGS HEPA filtration system||20.8 to 45.6 dB|
|3. Dyson Pure Cool Purifying Fan DP04||800 sq. ft.||Glass HEPA Media||24 dB|
|4. Blueair Blue Pure 411||190 sq. ft.||HEPASilent technology||18 to 48 dB|
|5. LEVOIT Core 300S||219 sq. ft.||H13 True HEPA filtration||24 dB|
|6. Coway Airmega AP-1512HH||361 sq. ft.||True HEPA Filter||24.4 to 53.8 dB|
|7. Winix 5300-2||360 sq. ft.||True HEPA Filter+ PlasmaWave Technology||27.8 to 60 dB|
|8. Whirlpool Whispure WP500||490 sq. ft.||True HEPA Filter||43 to 44 dB|
Reviews of the Best Quiet Air Purifiers 2022
There are numerous air purifiers on the market. However, most of them can be a literal pain in the ear, especially if you run the highest fan speed. after hours of research, we have narrowed it down to 8 amazing options. These are the best quiet air purifiers in 2022:
1. Blueair Classic 480i Air Purifier – best quiet air purifier
The Blueair Classic 480i air purifier filters pollutants such as dust, pet dander, smoke, mold, viruses, and bacteria. The device cleans the room air at the industry-recommended rate of four times an hour. This device is perfect for use in the master bedroom, playrooms and living areas.
The HEPASilent filtration technology utilized by the Blueair Classic 480i air purifier makes it the best silent air purifier on the market today. This technology combines mechanical and electrostatic filtration and therefore does not require the use of dense air filters and more air pressure, unlike air purifiers that use the traditional HEPA filters.
The air purifier has been certified as an energy-efficient Air Purifier by the EPA’s ENERGY STAR rating program. This also makes it one of the best air purifiers for salons.
In addition, the Blueair Classic 480i uses smart features that are designed to keep the indoor air clean. These features include automatic adjustment to changing air quality, tracking of changing air quality, voice control with Alexa, and automatic filter change reminders.
- Noise level: 32-62 dB
- Quiet Mark by the Noise Abatement Society (NAS)
- Coverage: 434 sq. ft.
- Filtration: HEPASilent technology
- Dimensions (L×W×H): 15.5× 25× 28.4 inches
- Weight: 33 Pounds
- Energy consumption: 15 – 90 Watts
- Air changes per hour (ACH): 4.8
- Silence: 80%
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- On/off timer
- Filter replacement indicator
- Speed control options: 1 – 2 – 3 – Auto
- Integrated air sensors
- Customizable settings such as child lock, LED brightness, and Night mode.
- Quiet operation because it uses the HEPASilent technology
- It has dual protection filters that remove pollutants without additional chemicals
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Adjusts fan speed accordingly when set to auto mode
- Filters are replaced every six months, depending on use
2. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA air purifier removes the most common pollutants and allergens in the home including pollen, VOCs, dust mites, mold, fungi, pet dander, and bacteria and viruses. It uses a six-stage filtration system that comprises a pre-filter, medium filter, BioGS HEPA filter, customized filter, activated carbon charcoal filter, and an ionizer.
One of the Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA air purifier’s unique features is the ability to customize the filtration system to target your specific aim. It can be used as a germ defense filter, pet allergy filter, toxin absorber filter, and odor remover filter.
Another unique feature of the Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA air purifier is its ultra-quiet performance. The device’s brushless direct current motor ensures that the air purifier remains silent while it works around the clock to keep the air in your home clean.
- Item weight: 19.4 lbs.
- Dimension: 20H x 21.4W x 7D inches
- Filtration technology: BioGS HEPA filtration system
- Coverage: 700 sq. ft.
- Noise level: 20.8 dB to 45.6 dB
- Airflow: 47 to 187 CFM
- 5-year warranty
- Good for a big space
- Advanced HEPA filtration
- It can be mounted on a wall or can stand alone
- Six-stage filtration and deodorization
- Not Wi-Fi enabled
3. Dyson Pure Cool Purifying Fan DP04
The Dyson Pure Cool Purifying Fan DP04 is a desk fan that cleans a whole room quietly and effectively. This air purifier automatically senses pollutants and reports air quality in real-time. Its technology delivers over 77 gallons per second of smooth airflow.
Further, the Dyson Pure Cool Purifying Fan DP04 has an adjustable oscillation angle from 45° to 350° to help project cleaned air around the entire room. Also, the fan mode ensures that the air purifier cleans the air while simultaneously cooling you as a fan.
Additionally, the night-time mode of the air purifier allows you to use its quiet settings with a dimmed display making it an ideal air purifier for the bedroom or office.
- Color: white, silver
- Weight: 10.25 pounds
- Dimensions (L×W×H): 8.77× 13.85× 27.2 inches
- Noise: 24dB
- Filtration: Glass HEPA Media
- Coverage: 800 sq. ft.
- Control method: app, remote, voice
- Senses pollutants in real-time
- Air Multiplier Technology
- Easy to assemble
- Backward airflow mode
- Low maintenance
- Easily changeable filters
- It is certified asthma and allergy-friendly
- It may require an adapter or a converter
4. Blueair Blue Pure 411 Auto Small Room Air Purifier – best silent air purifier for small rooms
The Blueair Blue Pure 411 Auto air purifier is highly effective; it needs just one-button control and uses customized pre-filters. The air purifier filters the air in a 190 sq. ft. room every 12.5 minutes. This makes it ideal for small rooms such as the bedroom, nursery, and home office.
Additionally, the Blueair Blue Pure 411 Auto utilizes three-part filtration. The first is the fabric pre-filter which catches the large particles thus extending the life of the main filter. The second is the combination particle plus carbon filter which utilizes activated carbon to remove odors from smoking, cooking, and pets. Lastly, the primary particle filter removes airborne pollutants such as dust, pollen, and pet dander.
Further, The HEPA silent filtration technology utilized ensures that the Blueair Blue Pure 411 runs quietly. Besides, all Blueair purifiers are AHAM certified for delivering clean air.
- Item Dimensions (L×W×H): 7.9× 7.9×16.7 inches
- Weight: 3.8 pounds
- Coverage: 190 sq. ft.
- Control method: touch
- Filtration: HEPA silent filtration technology
- Noise: 18 dB – 48 dB
- Filter replacement indicator
- Automatically adjusts to real-time conditions reported by the particle sensor
- Low noise level
- Energy efficiency
- No Wi-Fi connectivity feature
- Not suitable for large rooms
5. LEVOIT Core 300S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
The LEVOIT Core 300S Smart True HEPA air purifier is an effective air purifier for purifying the air in rooms such as the bedroom, nursery, office, and living room where quiet operation is desired.
The air purifier utilizes the 3-stage H13 true HEPA filtration technology to remove odors, smoke, and airborne pollutants such as pollen, dust, and pet dander.
In addition, the LEVOIT Core 300S Smart True HEPA air purifier has smart controls thus allowing you to control your device, create timers, and schedules, and use voice control such as Google Assistant and Alexa via the free VeSync app.
Lastly, the air purifier uses the QuietKEAP technology which reduces the noise levels to as low as 24 decibels thus making the device ultra-quiet.
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 8.7 x 14.2 inches
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Model: Core 300S
- Coverage: 219 sq. ft.
- Noise Level: 24dB
- Voltage: AC 120V, 60Hz
- Smart controls
- 3-Stage filtration
- VortexAir technology
- QuietKEAP technology
- Ozone free
- Check filter indicator
- 1–24 hour timer
- Sleep mode
- Sustainable because it uses the DC motor to save energy
- Eliminates more odor compared to other brands
- Can purify the air in any room up to 219 square feet in 12 minutes
- Ultra-quiet. It is one of the best silent air purifiers. Usually, sleep mode automatically reduces noise and turns the display lights off.
- It is easy to set and requires fewer adjustments
- Remotely accessible via the VeSync app
- Not so quiet when on high mode
6. Coway Airmega AP-1512HH True HEPA Air Purifier
The Coway Airmega AP-1512HH True HEPA air purifier is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq. ft. The device has an air quality indicator that lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day.
Regarding the noise level produced by the air purifier, the device has a 3 stage manual fan speed which allows you to set the fan speed at a low, medium, or high level.
Notably, the Coway Airmega AP-1512HH True HEPA air purifier has a noise level of between 24 and 53 decibels. At low fan speeds, you can barely hear it. So, it is one of the air purifiers that are perfect for baby rooms.
- Dimensions (L×W×H): 9.6× 16.8× 18.3 inches
- Weight: 12.3 pounds
- Noise: 24.4 dB – 53.8 dB
- Filtration: Pre-Filter, Deodorization Filter, True HEPA Filter, and Bipolar Device
- Room coverage: 361 sq. ft.
- Filter change indicator
- Automatic speed control
- Air quality indicator
- It has 4 stage filtration system
- Automatically stops into an Eco mode when no pollution is detected for half an hour to save energy
- Limited warranty
7. Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
The Winix 5300-2 air purifier is a 4- stage true HEPA air purifier with PlasmaWave Technology. It uses a washable fine mesh pre-filter, activated carbon filter, true HEPA filter, and PlasmaWave Technology.
The device is suitable for medium and large rooms ranging from 360 sq. ft. to 1,740 sq. ft. This makes it ideal for bedrooms, living rooms, and offices.
The Winix 5300-2 air purifier is one of the best quiet air purifiers because of its sleep mode features. The air purifier activates sleep mode when a room darkens to ensure quiet operation and then changes back to auto mode when it senses light in the room.
- Dimensions (L×W×H): 14.9×7.8× 23.6 inches
- Weight: 17 pounds
- Noise: 27.8 dB – 60 dB
- Filtration: 4- stage filtration (washable fine mesh pre-filter, activated carbon filter, true HEPA filter, and PlasmaWave technology).
- Room coverage: 360 sq. ft. to 1740 sq. ft.
- Air quality indicator
- Sleep mode operation
- Dual smart sensors and Auto mode
- Filter replacement indicator
- Suitable for medium and large rooms
- It’s relatively heavy
8. Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier WP500
The Whirlpool Whispure WP500 air purifier is another quiet air purifier that is designed for large rooms of up to 490 sq. ft. The unit is fitted with a charcoal pre-filter that removes large particles and odor before they reach the HEPA filter.
Also, the air purifier has a true HEPA filter that removes airborne pollutants such as pollen, cigarette smoke, dust, pet dander, and mold. Besides, the air purifier has a four fan speed with a turbo setting to help in clearing air quickly.
Moreover, the Whispure Quiet System makes the Whirlpool Whispure WP500 one of the quietest air purifiers on the market today. The sleep mode feature also allows the air purifier to switch to sleep mode to save energy and create a quiet environment for sleep.
- Item Dimensions (L×W×H): 20.55×10× 24.13 inches
- Item Weight: 20.26 pounds
- Room coverage: 490 sq. ft.
- Noise: 43-44 dB
- Filtration: True HEPA
- CADR: 315 CFM
- It has four fan speeds, including a turbo setting
- Whispure Quiet System with Sleep Mode
- Has two filters
- A bit noisy when in turbo
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Silent Air purifier / Best Quiet Air Purifier
Choosing the best silent air purifier for your home can be challenging due to the various factors that need to be considered. Majorly, the size of the room, budget, brand, filtration type, performance, and level of silence desired.
You need to consider the level of noise an air purifier makes. Usually, the noise level is measured in decibels. The higher the decibel level, the louder the noise.
So, to buy the best silent air purifier for a specific room, you should make sure that you buy an air purifier that makes less noise.
Fan speed settings
Essentially, the speed of the fan determines how loud the purifier is. An air purifier’s fan speed can be put on sleep mode, high level, medium level, or low level. When in auto mode, the air purifier adjusts according to changes in air quality.
Notably, when the sensor detects changes in the room air quality, the air purifier auto-adjusts by increasing the fan speed to clean the air. Due to the high fan speed, the noise level increases.
Therefore, if you want to reduce the noise level of an air purifier, you can change the mode to low level or sleep mode; that way, the fan’s speed will decrease, and the noise level will reduce significantly.
Before we conclude, below are some of the most frequently asked questions on the best quiet air purifiers:
Question: Do all purifiers make noise?
Answer: Yes. Essentially, no air purifier is completely silent. However, the noise level depends on several factors, such as the model and the fan’s speed.
Question: Which is the best silent air purifier?
Answer: The best silent air purifier is the one that serves your needs. For example, a customer who wants to clean the air in a large room may need an air purifier that covers large rooms and vice versa.
The Blueair Classic 480i Air Purifier is the best silent air purifier. The air purifier has a noise level of 18 decibels at a low level. Therefore, the device makes the least noise compared to other air purifiers.
Besides, it has sensors that detect changes in the air quality and adjust to maintain the best air quality in a room. As a recap, these are the best quiet air purifiers in 2022:
- Blueair Classic 480i Air Purifier
- Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-700A)
- Dyson Pure Cool Purifying Fan DP04
- Blueair Blue Pure 411 Auto Small Room Air Purifier
- LEVOIT Core 300S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
- Coway Airmega AP-1512HH True HEPA Air Purifier
- Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
- Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier WP500 (formerly AP51030K)