So, what’s the best air purifier for bathroom odors?
Air purifiers play an essential role in cleaning your home. The air inside your house is approximated to be five times more polluted than the air outside.
The bathroom may be a small room but it hosts allergens to a large extent. Because it’s almost always wet, it makes a perfect breeding space for mold and mildew. Additionally, the bathroom holds some of the worst odors.
Therefore, having an air purifier in there will take care of more than half of the odor and allergens in your home. But it’s not easy to get a hold of the best bathroom air purifier.
If you have tried looking for one, you already know how challenging it can be to find one that fits your bill 100%. In this review, we search for the best air purifier for bathrooms from an array of manufacturers. Also, we’ll check out varying designs, their main features as well as pros and cons.
We also take a minute to list the features to look for in the best bathroom air purifier before making a conclusion.
- Best Air Purifier for Bathrooms – Comparison Table
- Reviews of the Best Air Purifiers for Bathrooms 2023
- 1. LEVOIT LV-H132 Purifier with True HEPA Filter – best air purifier for bathroom
- 2. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier for Home or Office (04384)
- 3. LEVOIT Vista 200 True HEPA Air Purifier for Home
- 4. Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier AC4825
- 5. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Plug-Mount Odor Eliminator Nightlight (04531GM)
- 6. KOIOS Air Purifier Air Cleaner with 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter for Home
- Features to consider while buying the best purifier for bathrooms
Best Air Purifier for Bathrooms – Comparison Table
There are many air purifiers out there, but only a few are capable of handling bathroom odors and pollutants. Before we review each of our picks, however, here is a summary of their main features:
|Best Air Purifier for Bathroom||Filtration||Coverage||Weight|
|1. LEVOIT LV-H132|
|True HEPA||129 sq. ft.||6.61 lbs.|
|2. Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04384||True HEPA||140 sq. ft.||6.3 lbs.|
|3. LEVOIT Vista 200||True HEPA||161 sq. ft.||4.94 lbs.|
|4. Germ Guardian AC4825||True HEPA||167 sq. ft.||7 lbs.|
|5. Hamilton Beach Plug-Mount 04531GM||Carbon filter||n/s||1.2 lbs.|
|6. KOIOS 3-in-1 Air Purifier||True HEPA||90 sq. ft.||2.1 lbs.|
Reviews of the Best Air Purifiers for Bathrooms 2023
The need to keep the bathroom air quality safe makes owning the best bathroom air purifier a necessity. Below, we discuss the best bathroom air purifiers in 2023:
1. LEVOIT LV-H132 Purifier with True HEPA Filter – best air purifier for bathroom
The LEVOIT LV – H132 air purifier is ETL, FCC, and CARB Certified and is highly preferred for its purification efficiency that is void of ozone emissions. It applies a 3-stage filtration system that comprises of a pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and True HEPA filter. This filter combination delivers 99.97% filtration efficiency.
Besides, the LEVOIT LV – H132 has 3-speed settings and runs impressively quiet at 25 decibels. It serves bathrooms with a maximum space of 129 sq. ft. running up to four times each hour. This unit ranks among the best bathroom air purifiers for its compact size and purification efficiency. Also, the design is simple and sleek thus adds to your bathroom’s beauty.
- Weight: 6.61 pounds
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 8.5 x 14.5 inches
- Noise level: 25 decibels on low setting
- 2 night light settings
- Maximum area coverage – 129 sq. ft.
- Filtration – 3-stage( preliminary filter, True HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter)
- ETL/FCC and CARB certified
- Compact – perfect size for your bathroom
- It’s easy to set up – no fixing needed
- 100% ozone free
- User-friendly night light settings with on/off option
- Well priced considering the quality it offers
- Sleek design – easily blends with other bathroom decors
- Runs four times each hour
- Easy to maintain – filters last between 6 to 12 months
- Produces white soothing (non-disturbing) noise on low setting
- Warranty: 2 years
- Not suitable for extra-large bathrooms
- It is noticeably loud on high setting
2. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier for Home or Office (04384)
The Hamilton Beach 04384 also ranks among the best air purifiers for bathroom odors. We included it for its efficiency in getting rid of bathroom odors. Using its 2 replaceable activated carbon zeolite filters, a permanent HEPA filter, and a permanent pre-filter, this air purifier delivers close to 100% filtration efficiency.
Besides, Hamilton Beach 04384 is a quiet and compact unit serving bathrooms with a maximum area of 140 sq. ft. Have you noticed its HEPA and pre-filters are permanent? You can be sure they will save you a lot on maintenance costs. This air purifier has 3-speed settings and can be placed vertically or horizontally. It’s also quite easy to clean as you can vacuum the HEPA filter.
- Weight: 6.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.1 x 16.4 inches
- 3 stage filtration: 2 replaceable activated carbon zeolite filters, a permanent HEPA filter, and a permanent pre-filter
- It’s suitable for bathrooms measuring 140 sq. ft.
- It has 3-speed settings
- Gets rid of pesky odors perfectly using its activated carbon zeolite filters
- Compact and versatile – fits small areas and can be used vertically or horizontally
- Cheap maintenance – pre-filter and HEPA filter don’t need replacement
- Operates quietly
- Efficient at collecting pollutants – over 99.9% HEPA efficiency
- Fairly priced
- The filters seem fragile but they deliver as expected – only be careful while cleaning
3. LEVOIT Vista 200 True HEPA Air Purifier for Home
The LEVOIT Vista 200 is the best air purifier for bathrooms regarding energy efficiency. It’s made with an advanced brushless motor that consumes a mere 0.9 watts. Choosing this purifier saves you approximately 30% energy compared to other purifiers.
Also, it applies 3-stage filtration comprising of a pre-filter, an activated carbon filter, and HEPA filter. Additionally, like other LEVOIT air purifiers, it doesn’t employ ions or UV C technology. This ensures your environment is 100% ozone free and the air is completely fresh and natural.
Besides, the LEVOIT Vista 200 is a relatively quiet air purifier running at 26 decibels on the low setting. This makes part of the night settings including a gentle light perfect for the bathroom. Also, the light can be put off in case you don’t need it.
Further, the LEVOIT Vista 200 has other settings including a filter replacement indicator, 3-fan speed settings, and a timer. The timer can be set to 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, or auto shut-off. LEVOIT Vista 200 is CA PROP 65, ETL, and CARB certified to serve smalls rooms of up to 161 sq. ft.
- Weight: 4.94 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 7.9 x 12.91 inches
- Noise level: between 26 and 50 decibels
- Area coverage – serves small rooms not exceeding 161 sq. ft.
- Night light with automatic shut-off option and 2 levels of brightness
- Advanced brushless motor
- 3 fan speed settings
- 3-stage Filtration including a preliminary filter, True HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter
- ETL CA PROP 65 and CARB certified
- Impressively energy-efficiency – 0.9 watts
- 100% ozone free
- Light and compact
- CA PROP 65, ETL, and CARB certified
- Night light setting with an auto-shut option
- Excellent filtration supported by HEPA filtration
- Excellent at dust and odor elimination
- 1-year warranty
- Loud on high setting
4. Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier AC4825
Designed for bathrooms not exceeding 167 sq. ft., the GermGuardian AC4825 uses UV C technology to destroy germs and viruses. The UV C feature is optional thus can be turned on and off at will. This air purifier also does an excellent job of eliminating pesky odors inside and outside your bathroom. It uses an activated charcoal filter to do so.
Further, the GermGuardian AC4825 ranks among the best air purifiers for bathroom odors for three reasons. One, it’s ultra-quiet; you can hardly notice it on the low setting. Secondly, it is excellent at filtration.
The GermGuardian AC4825 is also equipped with HEPA filters which help in eliminating allergens. Finally, the unit is fitted with a pre-filter that prolongs the life of the HEPA filter. No wonder it’s one of the best GermGuardian air purifiers on the market.
- Weight: 7 pounds
- Dimensions: 9 x 5.5 x 21.5 inches
- Equipped with HEPA filtration
- 3-speed settings
- Uses True HEPA
- Serves up to 167 sq. ft.
- CADR rating: dust -118, Pollen- 125 and smoke – 108
- Optional UV C light
- Uses activated charcoal filter for odor elimination
- Removes odors using an activated charcoal filter
- Achieves 99.97% filtration efficiency using a True HEPA filter
- Light and easily portable
- It’s ultra-quiet
- Optional UV C helps in getting rid of germs and viruses
- It serves extra-large bathrooms of up to 167 sq. ft.
- AHAM verified
- 3 year limited warranty
- Expensive to maintain – filters and UV C bulb need regular replacement
- Excessive use of UV C may cause harm – GermGuardian mitigates this by using Titanium Dioxide to reduce the organic compounds.
5. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Plug-Mount Odor Eliminator Nightlight (04531GM)
Not many air purifiers have a fresh scent feature; this makes the Hamilton Beach 04531GM air purifier rank among the best air purifiers for bathrooms. The air purifier not only eliminates bad odors, but it also replaces them with fresh, pleasant scent from its green meadow cartridge. This is an optional feature in case you don’t like it.
Also, the Hamilton Beach 04531GM is a plug-to-use air purifier and can be directly plugged into every 110V outlet. It is a simple on/off operated unit; it runs quietly and has an inbuilt night light that suits your bathroom setup.
Besides, the Hamilton Beach 04531GM filter effectively fights odor for a maximum of 3 months. After this period, you will then need to replace it. In case you forget, it has an indicator to remind you when they are due for a change.
- Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 3.83 x 8.69 x 5.88 inches
- Equipped with a green meadow cartridge that releases a fresh scent
- Carbon filter
- It’s a plug mount unit
- Filters are replaceable after 3 months of use
- Favorable noise levels
- 3- Fan speed settings
- Replaces odors with a fresh scent
- Light and easily portable
- Plugged in any 110-volt outlet
- Eliminates allergens and odors effectively
- The filter has a replacement indicator and are easily accessible
- Easy to operate
- The fresh scent is not everyone’s favorite feature – it’s optional though
6. KOIOS Air Purifier Air Cleaner with 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter for Home
KOIOS is not yet a popular household name but its air purifiers are quite dependable. However, the KOIOS 3-in-1 Air Purifier is CARB, ETL and FCC certified. It’s 100% Ozone free.
Also, it’s equipped with a 3-stage filtration system that includes HEPA filter, pre-filter, and activated carbon filter. This ensures you get a 99.97% allergen elimination success. This is fantastic news if you or your family are struggling with allergies and asthma.
Other KOIOS 3-in-1 Air purifier features include a night light with on/off option, ultra-quiet operation under 25 decibels, and 8 Watts power rating. Also, it’s sleek and very easy-to-operate.
- Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 6.9 x 6.9 inches
- 3-in-1 purifier
- 3-stage filtration including activated carbon filter, True HEPA, and pre-filter
- Coverage: 90 sq. ft.
- Noise level – 25 decibels on low setting
- 100% ozone free
- 3- Fan speed settings
- Night light with on/off options
- 97% filtration efficiency with a 3-stage filtration efficiency
- 100% ozone free
- Eliminates odor
- Easy to operate- Single button control
- Whisper quiet
- Energy-efficient – 8W power rating
- ETL, FCC, & CARB certified
- The night light may be too bright for some people
Features to consider while buying the best purifier for bathrooms
Most bathrooms are characterized by bad odor, congestion, and wetness. Therefore, it is extremely crucial to get an air purifier that caters to those three characteristics. Here are the main features to consider in order of preference.
Odor elimination efficiency
Odors can linger in the bathroom for long, carbon fumes mostly. Getting an effective purifier to get rid of them is essential. Air purifiers equipped with an activated carbon filter are best suited for bathrooms and other odor concentrated areas since they effectively get rid of it.
Similar to other wet areas, bathrooms are a perfect breeding area for mold. It is also easily inhabited by pet dander, pollen, dust, and other allergens. Acquiring an air purifier with efficient filtration is a must for bathrooms. The True HEPA filter is the most recommended filtration system as it eliminates up to 99.97% of all allergens.
Even in extra-large bathrooms, the shelves are usually small-sized. You, therefore, need a powerful and compact air purifier that won’t take up much room but will serve effectively.
The initial cost of acquiring an air purifier may not be much. It is the maintenance cost that accumulates over the years that proves the air purifier either expensive or cost-effective. Purchase an air purifier with longer-lasting filters to save you on the filter replacement costs.
If the air purifier you opt for uses UV C light, factor in the cost of replacing the light bulbs as well.
Noise may not be a major issue considering this is a bathroom air purifier. However, if you want this air purifier to run through the night when you need undisturbed sleep, a loud air purifier will be un-acceptable.
Also, considering you may use the same air purifier for another room in the future, it’s important to ensure the noise levels are within acceptable limits. At least maintain lower than 30 decibels on low settings.
The best bathroom air purifier should be compact, light, and efficient at allergen capturing and odor elimination. Each of the listed air purifiers does a commendable job of eliminating bad odors and allergens.
The best air purifier for a bathroom should also have all the desirable properties to maintain high bathroom air quality. The air purifiers selected here lead on all these qualities. Also, most are equipped with a 3-stage filtration system that includes the True HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter.
Without a doubt, these features help to keep your bathroom fresh and allergen-free. Therefore, you’ll always feet comfortable stepping into the bathroom, knowing that all odors and pollutants have been taken care of.
In summary, the following are the best air purifiers for the bathroom in 2023:
- LEVOIT LV-H132 Purifier with True HEPA Filter
- Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier for Home or Office (04384)
- LEVOIT Vista 200 True HEPA Air Purifier for Home
- Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier AC4825
- Hamilton Beach TrueAir Plug-Mount Odor Eliminator Nightlight (04531GM)
- KOIOS Air Purifier Air Cleaner with 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter for Home