What is the best air purifier under 50 Dollars?
It’s easy to undermine an air purifier based on its price; we expect them to under-perform, to be made of low-quality material, or to have a short life span. Well, it does happen sometimes but this isn’t the case with all air purifiers.
Below, we discuss the best air purifiers under $50 rated based on performance, durability, and affordability.
While looking for an air purifier, there are three main qualities you should be looking for; excellent filtration, ease of operation and affordability in regards to purchase and maintenance. This review features the best air purifiers under $50 bearing in mind these features.
- Best Air Purifiers under 50 Dollars Comparison Table
- Reviews of the Best Air Purifiers under $50
- 1. LEVOIT LV-H126 Air Purifier – best air purifier under 50
- 2. MOOKA 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier for Home and Office
- 3. Germ Guardian GG1000 Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer
- 4. JINPUS True HEPA Air Purifier
- 5. PARTU HEPA Air Purifier
- 6. Germ Guardian GG1100W Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer
- 7. Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04531GM
- Is your air purifier underperforming? Here’s why:
- Our Verdict
Best Air Purifiers under 50 Dollars Comparison Table
Before we get into the individual product reviews, here is an overview of the 7 best air purifiers under $50:
|Best Air Purifiers under $50||Weight||Filtration|
|1. LEVOIT LV-H126 Air Purifier|
|5.6 lbs.||True HEPA|
|2. MOOKA 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier for Home and Office||3.01 lbs.||True HEPA|
|3. Germ Guardian GG1000 Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer||1 lb.||UV C|
|4. JINPUS True HEPA Air Purifier||1.15 lbs.||True HEPA|
|5. PARTU HEPA Air Purifier||3.44 lbs.||True HEPA|
|6. Germ Guardian GG1100W Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer||10.4 oz||UV C|
|7. Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04531GM||1.2 lbs.||True HEPA|
Reviews of the Best Air Purifiers under $50
After thorough research on air purifiers, we have narrowed down to seven of the most inexpensive ones. These are the best air purifiers under $50 in 2022:
1. LEVOIT LV-H126 Air Purifier – best air purifier under 50
If you detest night light, this is the best air purifier under 50 Dollars for your bedroom. It has a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, plus activated carbon filter. Although it’s the smallest purifier in the LEVOIT’s LV series, it cleans small rooms within 161 sq. ft. efficiently capturing all dust, pet dander, pollen, and other allergens.
Additionally, LEVOIT LV-H126 is pretty basic and easy to use; it has no on/off button/knob on the face like its peers. However, it has a knob for fan speed settings which has low, medium and high options. You manually set the fan speed with the knob and it quickly picks the pace and clears the air.
This is a good option for the bedroom regardless of the absence of the night light. It runs at 32 decibels on low setting so you can enjoy undisturbed sleep.
Depending on how intensively you use it, you will need to change the filters every 6 to 8 months. They can be changed separately meaning the HEPA filter can last longer. All LEVOIT purifiers are 100% ozone free.
- Weight: 5.6 pounds
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 6.8 x 7.9 inches
- No night light
- Filtration– 3-stage; preliminary filter, True HEPA filter, and carbon filter
- Runs at 32 decibels on low setting
- Manual fan speed settings with a knob
- Serves small rooms – 161sq. ft. max
- ETL listed and FCC certified and CARB compliant
- 100% ozone free
- Has no light settings – undisturbed, comfortable sleep
- Light and compact for any room
- HEPA filter offers 99.97% air purification
- Filter reminder wheel at the back for you to set to remind you to change filters when due
- Not loud – 32 decibels on low setting
- 1 year Warranty + 1 additional year (optional)
- The lack of night light is a concern to some people
2. MOOKA 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier for Home and Office
Among the best air purifiers under $50 in power consumption is MOOKA 3-in-1; it’s believed to consume less than 0.002 units at 8W rate. Considering that this is not subject to powering off; as MOOKA 3-in-1 does not have automatic on/off option for the night light. This translates to a fairly low consumption while on the low setting.
Also, MOOKA 3-in-1 is 100% ozone free. It is also a 360 degrees air intake purifier serving small rooms not exceeding 50 cubic meters. It uses 3-level filtration – there is a pre-filter which deals with larger particles like fine dust and pet dander and an activated carbon filter – which deals with cigarette smoke, kitchen fumes, and all types of odors.
Also, there is a HEPA filter which takes care of all other allergens. This results in 99.97% filtration efficiency. Further, the purifier promotes undisturbed sleep as it operates at a relatively low noise level of 35 decibels with a soothing night light. It serves well as a tabletop purifier/bedside lamp.
Lastly, the air purifier is also recommended in our best air purifier under $100 list.
- Weight: 3.01 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 6.9 x 6.9 inches
- Simple operation – single button for power on/off and fan settings
- 360 degrees air intake
- 3-stage Filtration: pre-filter, True HEPA, Activated carbon filter
- No on/off option for the night light
- Easy to operate – single on/off button
- Energy saving
- 100% ozone free
- 97% purification efficiency with HEPA
- Relatively quiet – 35 decibels on low setting
- Compact – fits comfortably on an office desk or bedside table
- Lightweight – easy to move from one room/area to another
- FCC, CARB, and ETL certified; CE listed
- Night light has no on/off button
- Serves very small rooms
3. Germ Guardian GG1000 Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer
If you dislike changing filters often this is your ideal option. Besides, it doubles as an air purifier and air sanitizer, unlike its peers. Also, in case you often travel, this is an excellent travel companion.
You only need to plug it to purify the air and eliminate allergens. It also kills viruses and germs using UV C light. The UV C bulb is changed annually.
Besides, Germ Guardian GG1000 is easy to operate, with only one fan setting; it works best while plugged in high concentration areas like the kitchen, baby’s changing area, bathroom, or pet area. This air purifier will prove a worthy investment especially in getting rid of odors.
- Weight: 1 pound
- Dimensions: 3.2 x 3 x 7.5 inches
- Has a single fan setting
- Doubles as a sanitizer and purifier
- Uses UV C for viruses and bacteria elimination
- Plug to use the purifier
- Easy to operate – single fan setting
- Light – easy to travel with
- 9% germs and allergens elimination using UV C
- Relatively quiet
- Cheap maintenance – No filter replacement; UV C bulb replacement is done every 12 to 14 months.
- Needs to be plugged to operate
- Excessive use of UV C is believed to have negative health effects
4. JINPUS True HEPA Air Purifier
With JINPUS, you get a 3-stage filter with a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter. The pre-filter is positioned to capture the larger particles as HEPA deals with all the micro-allergens. Meanwhile, the activated carbon filter then gets rid of all odors leaving you with cleansed air 51 – 150m3/h. This purifier does not use UV C thus ozone free.
Likewise, the JINPUS is a 360 degrees air intake purifier, it’s small and sleek construction makes a great office desk or home addition since it blends effortlessly with existing decor.
The air purifier is a fairly silent appliance running at 30 decibels on the low setting.
JINPUS is not just economical at purchase, it’s also easy to maintain. The filters are replaced twice a year depending on how intensively they are used and do not need washing.
- Weight: 1.15 pounds
- Dimensions: 4.9 x 4.9 x 7.6 inches
- Filtration – 3 stage; preliminary filter, True HEPA
- Uses USB cable
- Noise level: 35 decibels
- LED night light – can be set to dim; auto-shuts after 8 hours
- 360 degrees airflow
- Filter replacement every 6 months
- Simple to operate – single power on/off plus LED light button
- No UV C
- Light – easy to move around
- 97% allergens elimination using HEPA
- Fairly quiet
- Fairly loud in high setting
5. PARTU HEPA Air Purifier
The PARTU air purifier is one of the prettiest and best air purifiers under 50 Dollars. It has a sleek black casing that blends excellently with other furniture.
Also, it’s compact and light thus can serve on the floor or the desk. It serves small and medium rooms not exceeding 107 sq. ft.
One unique feature with this purifier is the fragrance sponge addition. This enables you to add some essential oil under the purifier’s outlet and have the fragrance circulate as the air circulates.
Besides that, its noise levels range between 38 – 59 decibels making it suitable for use at home and office as well. PARTU also has a lock function that helps maintain the settings in case the baby or pet tampers with it.
PARTU uses 3 – level filtration; that is, larger particle filtration with pre-filter, odor elimination with activated carbon filter and all-allergen elimination using True HEPA. PARTU is also CARB certified and 100% ozone free.
- Weight: 3.44 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 7.5 x 13.8 inches
- Filtration: 3-level; pre-filter, activated carbon and True HEPA
- Serves 107 sq. ft. Max
- Has a fragrance sponge
- Noise level: 38 to 59 decibels
- 3- fan speed settings
- Filter life – between 3 and 6 months depending on the intensity of use
- Comes with a fragrance sponge
- 100% ozone free
- Suits both office and home use
- Sleek; easy to blend black casing
- Fairly priced
- 97 filtration efficiency with True HEPA
- CARB, FCC, and ETL approved
- A bit loud on high setting
6. Germ Guardian GG1100W Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer
The Germ Guardian GG1100W is an efficient germs killer. It operates using UV C to eliminate airborne viruses like staph, rhinovirus, and influenza. It combines this with Titanium Dioxide which is known to minimize existing organic compounds.
Besides, Germ Guardian ranks among best air purifiers under $50 for its efficiency in air cleansing and also the convenience of not having to replace filters. You only have one replacement to make per year and that’s for the UV C light bulb. The bulb can last longer depending on the intensity of use.
Germ Guardian GG1100W is a newer version of Germ Guardian GG1000 so they share the same UV C light bulb model LB1000.
- Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Dimensions: 6.8 x 3.5 x 6.8 inches
- Plug to use the purifier
- Fights viruses and organic compounds using UV C and Titanium Dioxide
- No filter change needed
- Not expensive to maintain – does not require filter replacement; UV C bulb lasts 12 to 14 months depending on use
- Simple to operate – plug to activate
- Efficient at odor elimination
- UV C and Titanium Dioxide help to eliminate viruses and reduce organic compounds
- Considerably quiet
- 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Combination of Titanium Dioxide and UV C may harm your health
7. Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04531GM
The Hamilton Beach 04531GM qualifies to rank among the best air purifiers under $50 for its unique fresh scent feature. It comes with a meadow cartridge which releases mild fresh scents that replace existing odors. Note that this is optional so you don’t have to install it in case you don’t like it.
The carbon filter compliments this by capturing and eliminating any trapped unwanted smells so you won’t suffer from cigarette smoke, pet dander smell, and other odors. The filters last an average of 3 months and you get an alert when they are due for a change.
This is also a fairly quiet purifier; its white noise is soothing and favorable for a bedroom. It has an in-built multi-functional night light which is an added advantage as you can use it as a bedside lamp. Being a pluggable unit, you can move it anywhere you are working from or to highly concentrated areas such as near the pet’s litter box.
Simply plug it and switch it on/off, it’s not a complex appliance to operate. It plugs directly into all 110-volt outlets.
- Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 8.7 x 5.9 inches
- Filtration: 3-level; pre-filter, activated carbon and True HEPA
- Has a fresh scent cartridge
- Fair noise levels
- 3- Fan speed settings
- Filters last 3 to 6 months depending on the intensity of use
- Comes with an optional fresh scent cartridge
- Can be plugged anywhere as long as it’s a 110-Volt outlet
- Lights the room gently thus can serve as a bedside lamp
- Efficiently eliminates all types of odor using an activated carbon filter
- 97% filtration efficiency with True HEPA
- Alerts when filters need replacement – filters are easily accessible
- Easy to operate – single button to use
- Some users don’t appreciate the green meadow scent – this feature is optional
Is your air purifier underperforming? Here’s why:
The air purifiers on this list are mainly for small rooms. So are their low-priced peers. Sometimes users dismiss them for underperformance but, could it be that you are the one at fault? Here are the reasons why an air purifier underperforms.
Your room is larger than its capacity
Firstly, these purifiers have the ideal room size indicated in the manual. If you place for instance LEVOIT LV-H126 air purifier in a 400 sq. ft. room, you may not notice the difference in air quality. This does not mean it’s not a performer, it is simply overstretched.
You run your air purifiers while your windows are open
Secondly, like other air conditioning appliances, air purification is affected by the amount of air coming from the outside. Running an air purifier while your windows are open will make it overwork and not deliver. Always run it when the windows are closed. This also reduces its power consumption.
Your filters are not cleaned or changed regularly
Likewise, filters get clogged from time to time so they need cleaning. For the non-washable filters, you can vacuum them mildly to remove the stuck-on debris. Take note of the filter’s lifetime from the manufacturer’s guide and change as instructed for your air purifier’s optimum operation.
Your fan settings do not match the air quality
Further, for manually operated air purifiers, users mostly leave the fan on low setting throughout. This may not help if the air is highly polluted. For example, while cooking, you can set the fan to high and reduce it when the cooking fumes are neutralized. Alternatively, you can leave the air purifier to run on medium or high while you are not in the house and reduce it to low as you go to sleep. This ensures optimum purification.
A budget air purifier may lack advanced smart options but still deliver decently. Based on efficiency, LEVOIT LV-H126 is by far the best air purifier under $50. LEVOIT is among the leading manufacturers for air purifiers, thus you can trust its products.
Also, not many purifiers can achieve the level of efficiency and safety LEVOIT LV-H126 offers. It’s simple to operate and has many great features.
If LEVOIT LV-H126 is not your ideal option, however, this list is composed of some of the best air purifiers under 50 Dollars. Unless an appliance is faulty at delivery (which can be returned as per policy), these air purifiers make a good home companion.
In summary, these are the best air purifiers under $50 in 2022:
- LEVOIT LV-H126 Air Purifier
- MOOKA 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier for Home and Office
- Germ Guardian GG1000 Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer
- JINPUS True HEPA Air Purifier
- PARTU HEPA Air Purifier
- Germ Guardian GG1100W Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer
- Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04531GM